The following terms and conditions are intended to create a memorable, worry-free event for you. Please review them carefully and contact a Garden Spot Village Life Enrichment assistant for room reservations and Catering assistant for all food and beverage if you have any questions. We will send you a contract prior to your event. Some items and prices may vary depending on the location. Please check your event order for accuracy and sign and return to Garden Spot Village Life Enrichment office.
GSV Room Reservations:
1. Room Reservations are made through the Garden Spot Village Life Enrichment Assistant at 717-355-6077 extension (6077). The best time to call is between 9:00 a.m. and 2:30 p.m. Monday to Friday.
2. Priority for use of facilities will be given on the following basis: residents, staff, outside community organizations. Catering and room set-up fees are billed separately.
3. During the holidays, rooms may be used by two groups in one day. Please vacate by the scheduled time so that the next group may have access.
4. Visitors are asked to park in the unnumbered parking spaces. Please do not use the numbered parking spaces as these are reserved for residents. Visitors are encouraged to enter the building at the Village Square North Entrance or the Apartment Suites Entrance After office hours, these doors will be locked and you may use the electronic directory inside the first set of doors. The operational instructions are posted on the directory.
5. All activities should be limited to the assigned area. Please remember that these facilities are home to many residents.
6. Kitchenettes are available in some areas. They are not designed for large-scale cooking.
7. Upholstered furniture, plants, wall hangings, piano, etc. should not be moved without prior permission.
8. Tables and chairs may be rearranged to suit your needs. Please return room to original set up before leaving. Use caution and care to protect the furnishings. Arrangement for additional tables and chairs should be made in advance, by calling the Life Enrichment Assistant, 717-355-6077. Room set-up fees, if any, will be billed separately.
9. All trash is to be tied in plastic bags and placed in the trash rooms or near the kitchenettes for our maintenance staff to dispose of.
10. Please leave the room as you found it. If additional cleaning is required upon departure or damages have occurred, you will be charged accordingly.
11. Burning of candles is not permitted.
12. Serving of alcoholic beverages is not permitted.
13. Our entire campus is a smoke-free environment.
Group Leader Responsibilities:
14. The group leader is responsible to communicate these guidelines to their group.
15. The group leader shall be present during the event. Please supervise children at all times.
16. Group leaders are encouraged to complete the facility evaluation form to assist in our efforts to serve you. Please return completed forms to the Life Enrichment Assistant.
Thank you for choosing Garden Spot Village!
Our goal is to exceed your expectations by serving the freshest seasonal food, beautifully displayed, and served professionally by our staff. These guidelines will assist you in you in planning your memorable event.
Hours and Contacts:
Catering is available, and the office is open to serve you Monday through Friday 9am – 4pm. Please call Vicki George at 717.355.6011 or Don Bundren at 717.355.6004 or feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will gladly create a unique menu for your event. Please ask to speak with a catering representative to customize your event.
Please reserve your event room one hour prior to the event to allow for set up. Our food service is typically ready fifteen minutes prior to arrival time. Please let us know if this schedule needs to change for any reason. Please see scheduling and availability of your event room with GSV Life Enrichment Office.
Service Fees and Charges
Prices are per person unless otherwise noted.
A 20% service charge is added to the cost of all menu items. Your catering representative will provide an estimate of charges at the time your order is placed.
Some events may require food equipment rentals. Your catering representative will provide you with an estimate of charges after your order are placed.
Please advise the GSV Catering Office if any vessels or other equipment are taken to other areas when your event is over. Missing equipment will be charged at the full replacement cost of the item.
Staffing charges will be incurred per event; $18 dollars per staff with a minimum of three hours.
We will recommend servers be present at certain events. This depends on the number of quests, china or plastic service, and menu items. Servers are charged at $18 dollars per server and $28 dollars per chef per hour if required.
Some locations may require special table, chairs and equipment that will need to be placed with GSV Life Enrichment Office; Veronica Gingerich 717.355.6077 email@example.com.
Cancellations and Changes
A 48-hour notice is required for cancellation; specialty orders require 72-hour notice. In some cases, customers may be responsible for a portion of canceled orders if costs are incurred prior to cancellation.
We would be happy to deliver your order to another location. A relocation fee may be applicable. Delivery fees will apply based on each event. Personal delivered meals will incur a $5 dollar delivery fee.
A $40 dollar minimum purchase is required for a catering delivery. Orders of less than $40 dollars may be available for pick up.
All catered events are served with high quality paper and plastic products unless otherwise requested. Additional china service fees will be charged for events where china is used, depending upon the numbers required or the availability of stock.
Buffets may only be served for two hours in order to protect the food quality and to endure the safety of you and your guests.
All catered functions must be secured by payment by day of event. Payment types include GSV Meal Plan Prox Card, GSV Cost Center, Cash and Checks. There will be an applicable 6% local sales tax added to events except GSV Interdepartmental Charges.